Friday, June 10, 2011

Wage Slavery.

I am a wage slave. Meaning I am a slave who get's paid. I find that a corporate entity like the one that I work for thinks that it can do whatever it wants to us, provided it pays us at least minimum wage.

I know what you're thinking, "If you don't like it, then quit." And do what? There aren't any jobs out there, at least not in my little shit hole of a town. I find myself stuck between a rock and a hard place.

And I'm not alone. Millions of Americans are in this same predicament. Our employers are slowly getting the ability to strip us of our rights, and therefore, our dignity. I wouldn't be surprised if it became legal to use a whip to motivate employees. And what's worse is my boss is the kind of asshole who would do it, too.

I want to go back to school, not enough money. Sure, Financial Aid will take care of the books, the tuition and the lab fees, but I wont be able to work enough hours to pay for my insurance, my phone and internet, my gas and food, or even my rent. The world is stacked against the little guys like me, and it's only getting taller. My only hope that I see moving to a place that is a little more hospitable to human beings, like England, or Norway.

My name is H3xx, and I'm a wage slave in America INC.©

No comments:

Post a Comment